Dear Parents and Guardians:
I am pleased to report that a visiting team from the New York State Education Department (NYSED) will be on campus October 18 and 19 to meet with representatives from the Board of Trustees, administration, students, teachers, and parents as it relates to our pending charter renewal application.
This site visit provides us a wonderful opportunity to tell our story and enjoy a productive dialog about our School.
My hope is that your schedule will permit your participation on Wednesday, October 19 at 3:45pm. If you are unable to attend, please feel free to provide me with your comments in writing in order for me to share them on your behalf.
The types of questions that I envision they might ask include:
- Are you familiar with the mission and vision of the school?
- Does the school have a supportive environment that encourages academic and personal achievement for your child?
- Are there available academic, social and behavioral supports?
- Are you pleased with the year-long learning that includes the summer session?
- How important do you feel the focus on college and career readiness is for your student?
- Do you feel the school adequately communicates with you regarding your child’s learning?
- Do you feel the school is a safe place?
- What is your level of involvement in the school?
- Would you recommend Health Sciences to your family and friends?
Please confirm your attendance via email at hstopinski@healthsciencescharterschool or by phone at 716-888-4080.
As always, many thanks for your support and commitment to the Health Sciences Charter School.